Events and Posts
October 2017 M T W T F S S « Nov 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31
- Word of the Week: schmökern October 14, 2017
- World's Largest Pumpkin Festival Displays Over 450,000 Pumpkins in Ludwigsburg October 11, 2017
- Essen Named 2017 European Green Capital October 11, 2017
- Toy Drones Make an Appearance at the 68th Annual Toy Fair in Nuremberg October 11, 2017
- Elections to the 19th German Bundestag on September 24, 2017 October 9, 2017
Author Archives: thinktransatlanticunc
Please join us for the following think transatlantic events this November! Advertisements
For those of you in the Triangle area, Prof. Klaus Larres in the History Dept. (UNC-CH) has organized a lecture series on the U.S. in World Affairs. Please see the following links for details. Additionally, this Friday at 3:30 pm … Continue reading
Click here for the full program.
For those of you in NYC, check out the 2nd Annual Conference for the Black German Cultural Society August 10th-11th hosted by Columbia University and Barnard College.
Better late than never…Although I’ve long been a fan of her music, I had no idea about Janelle Monae’s inspiration behind her hit album the Archandroid. Thank you to Professor William A. “Sandy” Darity at Duke for pointing this out to me!
Wild West Germany: An article on why Germans continue to be capitivated by the “Wild West.”
This fall, the German Embassy is sponsoring German Campus Week at UNC Chapel Hill. In honor of the recent NATO summit in Chicago and Germany and the US’s long-standing relationship, this year’s theme is “Think Transatlantic.”